There are many opinions on male shaving methods. At Moore Unique we have done considerable research to identify best practice in daily shaving techniques.
Best Practice Moore Unique’s Ultimate Shave Solution
STEP 1: HYDRATE & SOFTEN THE BEARD
This is best done by cleansing the face in the shower before shaving. The natural steam of the shower combined with the our face wash/cleanser for your skin type, is a winning combination for softening the beard and preparing to shave.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE FACE
While in the shower if possible, apply Moore Unique’s Hydrogide Ascend Shave Gel & Skin Enhancer, to further soften the beard and create a layer of protection. Hydroglide Ascend prepares the skin by cleansing it thoroughly, it gives you a close, smooth shave and lastly, it prevents irritation, bumps and itching caused by other shaving products on the market.
STEP 3: GO WITH THE FLOW
Start with a sharp blade and gently shave in the direction of your bead growth. Rinse blades frequently to remove excess shave product and hair. After shave, apply a generous amount of Razor Rash Relief Cream to dampened skin and gently message with fingertips for 1 to 2 minutes.
STEP 4: RINSE & SPLASH
Rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water to remove residual shaving products and debris. Splash the face with cool water to close pores before finishing your skin conditioning program. Use Moore Unique’s Toner Cream to regulate the skin and calm post-shaving skin irritation. Finally finish with your skin type specific serum and moisturizer to prevent aging & achieve healthy great feeling skin.
- Shave in the shower when possible for optimal effectiveness & results.
- Allow at least 3-5 minutes (in shower if possible) for cleanser and/or shave emulsion to prepare the skin before shaving.
- Rinse your razor frequently throughout your shave for best results.
- Use particular caution while shaving around the the chin and lips to avoid nicks and cuts.
- Shaving against the grain is the #1 cause of ingrown hairs.